It's Wednesday and it's all about the romance. We are featuring two romance tours today. The first is historical romance, My Loving Vigil Keeper, and this tour for A Little Bit Cupid, a cute romantic contemporary. We have a guest post by the author with her Top 10 Favorite Romantic Movie Couples and our review.
A Little Bit Cupid by Jennifer Shirk
Contemporary romance*ebook, 84 pages
Published January 13th 2013 by Entangled Publishing
Finding love should be easy, but wedding photographer Pheobe Ward knows better. When Cupid shows up on a crazy mission to help her —and save the world in the process—Phoebe realizes love might be even more complicated than she thought. Even with Cupid showing her Mr. Right , she can’t stop thinking about his best friend, Mr. Wrong.
Cal Crawford has never had time for love, but now he’s falling for Phoebe. Which means it’s got to be just plain wrong to set her up with his best friend, right? But even though seeing Phoebe with someone else will break his heart, he can’t walk away from her.
Phoebe can’t afford to choose the wrong guy with the fate of the world at stake. But maybe Cupid has it wrong. Maybe she has to rely just a little bit on Cupid, and a whole lot more on her heart.
About the author:
Jennifer Shirk has a bachelor degree in pharmacy--which has in NO WAY at all helped her with her writing career. But she likes to point it out, since it shows romantic-at-hearts come in all shapes, sizes, and mind-numbing educations.
She writes sweet (and sometimes even funny) romances for Samhain Publishing, Avalon Books/Montlake Romance and now Entangled Publishing. She won third place in the RWA 2006 NYC's Kathryn Hayes Love and Laughter Contest with her first book, The Role of a Lifetime.
Lately she's been on a serious exercise kick. But don't hold that against her.
HI, all! Jennifer here.
Valentine's Day is past, but if you're a romance reader Valentine's Day is every day.
(Or at least when we have a book in our hands!)
I have a sweet romantic novella out now called A Little Bit Cupid, which I think is VERY romantic because it has two of my very favorite romantic characters in it: Phoebe and Cal.
So in honor of my favorite romantic book couple, I'd like to share with you my favorite ROMANTIC MOVIE COUPLES.
Maybe we even share some of the same personal favs!
Check them out below!
Jennifer's Top Ten Favorite Romantic
10) Giselle and Robert from Enchanted A true fairytale couple!
9) Edward and Vivian from Pretty Woman Cinderellaish and sweet. If Cinderella were a hooker... :-)
8) Maria and Captain Von Trapp from the Sound of Music When they dance together and they look at one another...*sigh*
7) Rita and Phil from Groundhog Day How romantic to go through the same day over and over again and end up falling in love.
6) Sandy and Danny from Grease These two are CLASSIC. Together forever and all that jazz.
5) Joe and Kathleen from You've Got Mail Falling in love with the enemy. Love that!
4) Hawkeye and Cora from The Last of the Mohicans Hello? These two people couldn't be more different, but man, whenever they were on the screen together I thought my TV would ignite.
3) Rhett and Scarlett from Gone with the Wind Come on. Who wouldn't want to be swept up the steps like that?
2) Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth from Pride and Prejudice These two need no explanation.
1) John and Margaret from North and South Yes, these two outrank Darcy and Elizabeth. Why? GO RENT THIS NOW AND FIND OUT!
I hope you enjoyed my list! And please remember to check out my other favorite romantic couple: Phoebe and Cal in A Little Bit Cupid!
Thanks so much for having me today!
A Little Bit Cupid is a quick, cute, and romantic read. Phoebe meets Cosmo (yes, when I read his name I immediately thought of Timmy Turner from The Fairly Oddparents and wondered, where's Wanda?) who happens to be Cupid's son and he enlists her help. She needs to fall in love and kiss her soulmate to save mankind. She's a photographer and thinks of this good looking guy named Adam from a photo shoot gone wrong. She shows up outside his home and runs into his roommate Cal. There are sparks there but Phoebe is sidetracked by concentrating her mojo on hooking up with Adam. Can she find the right guy and save the world?
It's ironic that one woman has her sights set on the one guy she mistakenly believes is Mr. Right when the reader knows he's all wrong. The perfect guy for her is the one who listens to her and his eyes follow her every move. Cam is such a nice guy and he's used to seeing women fawn over his friend, Adam, but when Phoebe does it he's incensed. A Little Bit Cupid could have been made into a full length novel and I still would have enjoyed it. As it is with such a short length, I didn't get too much depth on Phoebe and yet I still liked her. Both guys were nice but Cam was special.
A Little Bit Cupid has a little bit of everything a reader wants in a love story: romance, humor, dancing, a nice gal and a great guy. Fast, flirty and lots of fun.
Just as cute as the story.
I received a promotional copy in return for my honest review during a blog tour.