Sprite (Annabelle's Story Part One)
YA fantasy*Paperback, 161 pages*Published April 30th 2012 by CreateSpace
Annabelle Walsh thought she had it all. She was the star of her swim team, had a loving family, a great boyfriend, and to top it off, she’d be starting at UCLA in the fall. One day, she’d be referred to as Dr. Annabelle Walsh.
She was living every girl’s dream – until her life was turned upside down. All starting with finding out that she's not just a human, but also a water spirit. Half-human, half-sprite to be exact. Although not just any sprite, Annabelle is prophesied to be the only one who can save both the sprites and mankind.
With a mix of current events, anecdotes from Greek mythology, tidbits of folklore, and Leigh’s own imagination, we join Annabelle in her journey to restore order beneath the sea. Each step of the way her mind, body, and soul are pushed to the limit begging the question, how much can one half-human, half-sprite take?
Kin (Annabelle's Story Part Two):
YA fantasy*Paperback, 161 pages*Published September, 2012 by Leigh Michael Books
The conclusion to Sprite (Annabelle's Story Part One).
In Kin, Annabelle's struggles don't ease one bit. She's continually put to the test, both physically and emotionally. With help from Adrian, Natasha, Clemente, Shamus and some surprise additions, she trudges forward toward retrieving Triton's lost shell and fulfilling the ABA prophecy.
|"This action packed tale will give readers the feeling they are racing against |
time with the characters."
Get to Know Leigh Michael More
Leigh Michael is a debut author… so you probably don’t know much about her. Let’s change that! Take a look at the 10 facts below. To learn even more, be sure to check out The Wormhole from October 8, Read Write Reviews from October 18, and Secret Lives of Fiction Lovers on October 27. Enjoy!
1. I was born and raised in the Philadelphia area.
2. Birthday Cake Remix (with Sinless Cake Batter) is my absolute favorite ice cream.
3. My husband competed in an IronMan and I hope to do the same (one day).
4. I rarely wear socks (even in winter).
5. On my wedding day, it downright poured. A zillion people told me it was good luck.
6. I’m really picky about the types of food I eat. I like tomato soup, ketchup, most tomato sauces, but not tomatoes.
7. Rose Hathaway from Richelle Mead’s Vampire Academy series is my favorite fictional character.
8. My character’s name, Annabelle, is the name my hubby and I have tucked away for our future daughter.
9. I played soccer in college.
10. My favorite colors include teal, navy, and cobalt. I like blue.
Do you have anything in common with Leigh? Sound off below in the comments :)
Website | Twitter | Facebook|Email|Amazon|Smashwords|Goodreads
Leigh Michael is an author of YA fiction. She's worked within the advertising world for nearly a decade before writing her debut series, Annabelle's Story. Leigh lives in Washington, DC with her husband and goldendoodle. Please learn more about Leigh and her works at www.LeighMichaelBooks.com.